Your most precious and memorable moments are in good hands with Dawn Wickhorst Photography, where I combine my education and experience with a commitment to deliver images that go beyond just capturing the moment. Even in the early years, as my style was developing, I worked to incorporate a real sense of personality into each photograph. My personal favourite images include meaningful settings and props to make each session truly unique, no matter how many times a theme is chosen.
Photog School + 8 yrs of business + 5 kids = Dynamic, Dedicated Dawn
When I’m not behind the camera in studio or on location, I’m busy being a mom to three handsome boys and two beautiful girls. Yes! You could say I excel at creating beautifully photogenic children which gives me plenty of practice for capturing the beauty of yours.
There is no way to deny that I am a very colorful person. Like most moms, there are days I try to stay in my PJs as long as humanly possible before I have to leave the house, and others days I am up with the sun, makeup on fleek and hair done…with absolutely nowhere to go. If you spot me in traffic you’ll quickly see that I sing LOUDLY when I am driving, and my interest in music varies widely. Needless to say, I am an outgoing and joyful person. I love to make people laugh and I am as thoroughly committed to my art as I am my children.
I went straight into post secondary schooling for photography after graduating high school. It’s been 8 years since I first began to actively run my photography business. My style has been refined through the experience of exploring all sorts of photography. I continue to offer many different services, however my specialty (and where my heart will forever lie) is with babies! The entire pregnancy, birth, and motherhood journey really amazes me.
There is nothing more special than the birth of a beautiful baby. I wish I could document every single one!
I can’t wait to hear from you and share how my services will deliver a memorable experience that’s picture perfect for your family and personality.
Customer Satisfaction & Family Balance
Balancing life as professional independent photographer and a single mother of five children is only possible with the support of family, friends and other professionals, like my marketing assistant, and automations, like my booking system. Please be assured that even though I employ these tools to save time – I am committed to personal and personalized customer service when it comes you your session.
Another piece of balancing business with my family time is to have client policies that minimize unexpected disruptions.
- All clients must accept terms and conditions at the time of booking.
- Bookings must be accompanied by a deposit of at least 25% of the session fee.
- All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE and remaining fee is due at or before the start of the session.
- Not showing for a session, arriving more than 30 minutes late or cancelling without 24 hours notice will forfeit your deposit and monies paid will not be returned or applied to services.
- If you are late, your session will still end on time.
- I only provide digital access to full resolution EDITED photos of my choice.
- NO RAW or unedited photos will be provided or sold.
- Post processing time takes 2-4 weeks
- Photos will not be delivered until full payment has been received